On the establishment of the international holiday of ARARAT
(July 17, the date dedicated to the stop of Noah’s Ark on the Ararat Mountains)
– Taking into account the universal human significance of the biblical Mount Ararat in the history of mankind;
– Based on the words of the Holy Scripture – the Bible: “And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the mountains of Ararat.The water was constantly decreasing until the tenth month; on the first day of the tenth month the tops of the mountains appeared”. (Gen. 8:4, 5);
– Taking into account that the rebirth of humanity took place from the territory of the Armenian Highlands, where the holy for the Armenians biblical Mount Ararat is located;
– Taking into account that Armenia is the cradle of civilization;
– Taking into account the need to revive universal values and traditions, Christian commandments and humanism;
– Taking into account that today’s agenda is the imperative of building up a new civilization, a new system of values of coexistence. And, at the same time, the immediate implementation of this process;
Taking into account our call for joint spiritual creation, which is addressed to all nations and nationalities, to all those who carry the idea of the world created by a human;
– Taking into account the need to unite the experience and wisdom of all peoples at this unprecedented historical turn;
– In order to ensure a civilizational breakthrough.
National Assembly (Parliament) of Western Armenia
1) To establish the international holiday of Ararat as a symbol of universal human values and traditions, Christian commandments and humanism, which will be celebrated annually on July 17.
2) To appeal to the Secretary-General of the United Nations with the proposal to initiate the adoption of the annual international holiday of Ararat, celebrated on July, 17, by listing it on the calendar of the annual official public holidays of the United Nations.
3) To appeal to the Member States of the United Nations with the proposal to establish the annual national holiday of Ararat, celebrated on July 17.
4) To notify all world religious organizations of the establishment of the annual international holiday of Ararat, celebrated on July 17.
5) To submit to the President of the Republic of Western Armenia (State of Armenia) the Law “On the Establishment of the International holiday of Ararat” for signing.
President of the National Assembly (Parliament) of Western Armenia